The Light Steel Frame Association (LSFA) works to drive engagement, champion change, and spread the word about the cost, productivity, performance and sustainability benefits of contemporary light steel systems. .
Trusted and specified by the UK construction industry – light steel frame is the most technically advanced material in the offsite technology portfolio. Highly innovative and digitally savvy, the light steel sector has developed panelised and modular solutions that deliver high quality buildings on fast-track construction programmes that are renowned for safety, strength and durability.
Bringing together a wealth of experience and technical know-how, the LSFA membership represents manufacturers, installers, industry supply chains, architects, engineers, consultants and clients operating in the light steel sector.
With a comprehensive marketing strategy, collaboration and business development activities, and a dedicated steering group, LSFA members benefit from:
• Direct representation within the wider construction industry
• Positive influence and engagement to increase market share
• Knowledge sharing and learning opportunities
• Access to LSFA marketing collateral/ technical guides to support specification
• Industry collaboration opportunities
• Strategic partnerships with other trade bodies
• Code of conduct - a standard of operating
• Dedicated PR and marketing support across multiple channels
• Promotion in LSFA publications and social media platforms
• Networking, exhibitor and speaker opportunities at industry-leading events
Providing a unified voice for the industry, the LSFA is taking an active role in defining the future of the light steel frame sector.
Fundamental to offsite construction, light steel is ideal for an array of building applications from housing to medical, commercial and leisure sectors. Typically used in building structures, steel framing may be used in panelised or volumetric systems, as well as hybrid structures. Light steel's lightweight, airtightness and thermal benefits make it a frequently specified material across all sectors. The main benefits of utilising light steel frame construction are as follows: